Explore the possibilities of a 21st century Catholic education.
A Values-Based, Innovative Curriculum
Our curriculum focuses on the development of the whole child, emotionally, socially, cognitively, physically and spiritually. At Our Lady’s Academy, education is geared to the specific learning needs of each student and tailored to his or her learning style.
To develop the whole child, our curriculum includes:
- Language Arts
- Mathematics, including Algebra
- Science, including laboratory work
- Social Studies, including History and
- Computer Science
- Spanish (PreK to 8)
- Physical Education
- Independent Study (gr. 8)
We utilize a state-of-the-art Guided Reading Program that encourages students to read to their ability by providing materials based on each student’s instructional reading level.
We also use an assessment program that provides classroom teachers with information three times per year in reading, writing, and math to ensure that all students are receiving targeted instruction.
An Up-to-Date Environment
We believe that it is our responsibility to provide the necessary environment for all of our students to thrive and develop to their potential, both academically and socially.
To support our curriculum, we provide a modern, safe, and nurturing atmosphere.
- Full or half-day PreK including
Opening the World of Learning
(O.W.L) curriculum and Spanish
- Full-day kindergarten
- Grade 6-8 coursework utilizing
Middle School format
- State-of-the-art computer lab
with SMARTBoard technology
- SMARTBoard technology in all
classrooms in grades 4-8
- State-of-the-art science lab
- Art room, music room, library,
- Student Instructional Leadership
- Flexible class groupings
- WeatherBug Meteorology
- Special Education instructor
- New 2008-2009 textbooks at all
- Hot lunch program
- Daily prayer
- Monthly and seasonal liturgies
- Community service led by teachers
- Continuous hands-on professional
development for teachers
- Onsite after-school program
- Extracurricular options in language,
instrumental music, voice, sports,
Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- Active Student Council
- Student Safety Patrol
- Science, Social Studies, and Art Fairs
- Christmas and Spring Shows
- Secure facility
- Close-knit family atmosphere that
welcomes parent involvement
Opportunities for Enrichment
To enhance our curriculum, numerous class trips and in-house visits take advantage of the rich educational opportunities that the greater Boston area has to offer.
The following are enrichment programs offered in the past:
· Marvelous Marvin: How the Body Works (PreK-8)
· Curious Creatures: Rainforest Animals (PreK-2)
· Theatre Works: Through the Eyes of a Friend
(the World of Anne Frank) (4-8)
· Catholic Schools Week activities (PreK-8)
· Ira the Science Guy: Messy Halloween Science
· Drumlin Farm: Winter Habitats (PreK-2)
· Theatreworks: The Lewis and Clark Expedition:
A Celebration of Teamwork* (K-5)
· Museum of Science: Dig into Dinosaurs (1-2)
· Museum of Science: Forces at Work (3-5)
· Museum of Science: Motion, Speed & Velocity (6-8)
· Technology/Engineering: Simple Machines (2-3)
· Technology/Engineering: Pulleys and Gears (4-5)
Bus transportation is provided at no charge for Waltham residents
courtesy of the City of Waltham.
All Students accepted regardless of race, creed, national or ethnic origin.